20 December 2009

The Good Earth


Another Christmas is nearly upon us and will soon be gone, but I sit here typing at the keys wondering, as I always do, just who's taken the time and effort to peruse these meanderings of mine over the last year. It's a odd thing keeping a Blog as you never really know who's dipping into it...the odd comment indicates that someone 'out there' has tuned in and has at least a moderate interest in these scribblings.

You will no doubt have noticed a blue 'Stat Checker' on the right hand side of the Blog, so I'm surprised and utterly astonished when I occasionally check it as there appear to be readers from all the dispirit corners ofthe globe, from Saudi Arabia to Australia, Japan to India and South America to the good 'ol US of A.

Wherever you are on this Good Earth of ours, of whatever faith or denomination, I wish you and yours peace and prosperity in this season of goodwill to all men.

Merry Christmas - Rob

7 comments:

Mitchell said...

And right back at you, sir. All the best to you and yours this holiday season.

As for being astonished by the numbers and diversity of your followers; even in this day and age, when you have something intelligent to say, many will tune in.

Peace, mate.

Mitchell

Tom said...

I never read this blog.

Happy Christmas Rob ;)

Anonymous said...

Well I read it ;-)

A very happy Christmas to you and your family, Rob.

Cheers ;-)

Paul Chapman

Anonymous said...

All best Rob, keep up the woodie witterings ;)

Cheers, Paulm

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

Merry Christmas :) I drop in on your blog every so often to catch up. It is always entertaining. The imagery you conjured up with your story of sawing your old bed into four parts had me laughing out loud. You are indeed a rare breed sir and I mean that in the kindest of ways. Keep it up!

Simon (HeathRobinson)

John Walker said...

Well I have been keeping an eye on you my friend. It makes a change from other places! And you know what you're on about too!

Happy New Woodworking Year.

John

Adrian Baird Ba Than said...

Hi Rob,
Only recently happened upon your wee online diary via the most excellent Kari Hultman,The Village Carpenter.I like the cut of your jib,no nonsense,quality woodworking combined with a wry humour,I look forward to further posts...
Merry Christmas & a very Happy & prosperous New Year to you & yours.
Cheers
Black
p.s.I think I can see my house from that photo.